D3 carbon downhill / Race MIPS protection
The D3 Carbon MIPS epitomises Troy Lee Designs’ commitment to racing performance. Featuring a featherlight carbon fibre shell, the D3 Carbon raises the bar for rider safety with its MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System) liner.
The D3 sources wind tunnel-tested aerodynamics, lightweight titanium hardware and efficient high-flow ventilation. The D3 Carbon MIPS doesn’t skimp on styling either, with sleek lines, superb fit and finish, and attractive colourways.
Developed with feedback from TLD’s stable of top-level pro riders, like Steve Peat, Brendan Fairclough, Cam Zink, Brandon Semenuk, and Sam and Alise Willoughby, no helmet has won more DH World Cups, Redbull Rampage events, or Olympic Medals than the D3. Simply put, the D3 Carbon MIPS brings top-level racing performance to real-world riders.
- Hand-laid pre-preg carbon / composite / MCT weave blend for superior shell construction and weight reduction
- Top layer UD (unidirectional) carbon weave provides strength and style
- High modulus kevlar-reinforced, high-impact zones for increased strength and rigidity
- Nylon reinforcement polymer in key high-wear and impact zones
- Lightweight carbon fibre shell and titanium hardware enable overall helmet weight of 1075 grams
- Innovative MIPS safety feature reduces rotational force during impact
- High-flow ventilation system channels cooling airflow through 20 intake ports to six exhaust vents
- Contoured 3D cheekpads contribute to comfortable, secure fit
- Removable and washable comfort liner constructed of Coolmax™ and Dri-Lex™ materials
- Includes two adjustable visors with matching graphics and plush helmet bag
- Titanium hardware for reduced weight
- Exceeds bicycle certifications: CPSC 1203, CE EN 1078:2002+A1:2012 ASTM F1952-15, ASTM F2032-15, ASTM F2040-11
- Not intended for use with motorised vehicles